We are very excited to let you know that we will be offering a “Hybrid Youth Ministry” starting this fall. This plan has been designed with everyone in mind with safe, on-site experiences as well as virtual small group experiences.
Our goals for youth ministry programming have not changed. We seek to provide opportunities for growth in our students’ relationships with Jesus Christ, one another, and caring adults in an environment that is safe and inclusive. After much prayer and many meetings with leaders, the re-opening committee and others, we have decided that this hybrid model gives both our students and parents the opportunity to be involved at whatever level fits their needs at this time, while creating spaces for consistent fellowship and community. Here’s what it will look like.
- We will offer an onsite Large Group Bible Study opportunity for Jr. High and for Sr. High students on alternating weeks...thereby spacing adequately and offering enough time to arrive and leave without overlapping with one another. We will also offer an online option each week these meetings are held.
- We will offer a virtual Small Group Bible Study opportunity for Jr. High and for Sr. High on opposite weeks and off-site using GoogleMeet led by our youth leaders. This will allow for students to connect safely from home in a significant way with their small group peers and leader. Each student will receive an email invitation from their small group leader that will allow them to join in the Bible Study. We are training on GoogleMeet now, so we will all be ready to go once we start!!
A Youth Group Schedule for your information and planning can be found below. This clarifies for each young person when, where and how they will meet each week for Youth Group. Please note that we are keeping our Jr. High time (6:30-8 p.m.) and our Sr. High time (8-9:30 p.m.) consistent each week.
Please know we love each one of you and are at your service to meet any needs we can as we continue on together. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time!
Youth Schedule and Calendars
As a discipling youth ministry in a family context, we aim to:
- Expose students to Jesus Christ,
- Enable students to grow and mature in Jesus Christ, and
- Equip students to serve Jesus Christ so that they’ll live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
All Youth Ministries volunteers and staff are required to complete an application with references, agree to ministry policies, undergo a background check, and complete MinistrySafe Sexual Abuse Awareness Training. MinistrySafe provided the framework of our security measures; learn more by clicking the logo below.